On 26-28 April 2021, decision makers from biotech, pharma and finance will meet digitally to learn about emerging life-science trends and initiate partnerships with academic inventors, entrepreneurs and technology transfer professionals from all over Europe.
This year, 16 technology transfer organizations from seven nations have brought together an outstanding portfolio of high-potential commercial opportunities including innovative diagnostic and therapeutic approaches as well as platform technologies. Over 70 peer-selected, patent-protected technologies originating from as many research institutes, universities and university hospitals will be featured.
Technology highlights from Ascenion’s academic partners are:
- Novel gene therapy approach for cardiovascular diseases
- CRISPR-Switch: Precisely regulated sgRNA for tight, safe and efficient genome editing
(IMBA - Institute of Molecular Biotechnology)
- Targeting NMDAR encephalitis with Chimeric AutoAntibody Receptor T cell therapy (CAAR-T)
(DZNE - German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases)
- Novel small molecule inhibitors of STOML3 for treatment of diabetic neuropathy
(MDC - Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine)
- DMD gene therapy approach
(Helmholtz Zentrum München - German Research Center for Environmental Health)
- Aberrant DNA methylation patterns for early diagnosis and characterization of lung cancer
(FZB - Research Center Borstel – Leibniz Lung Center)
- Novel treatment of dementia-associated tauopathies
(MHH - Hannover Medical School / DZNE - German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases)
Have a preview of all technologies selected for BioVaria 2021 at www.biovaria.org.
Further program highlights include a workshop on "Patenting Computer-Implemented Innovations under the EPC" by the European Patent Office and BioVaria’s successful, interactive Startup Pitch & Partner program. European startups applied for the chance to promote their companies amongst potential life-science investors and biotech/pharma executives, and will compete to win a cash award. A preview of the startups selected for BioVaria 2021’s Startup Pitch & Partner program will soon be available online.
Register now for BioVaria virtual 2021!