Getting start-ups going
You have a business idea and need a coach and sparring partner? We can support you with our accumulated experience from around 100 spin-off projects. We often work closely together with the scientists involved before the start-up is launched, helping with project development, financial and business planning, even with building the team. We also offer access to our network and bring you together with opinion leaders and decision makers, e.g. investors, industry representatives, clinicians and regulatory experts.
When a start-up is launched, Ascenion usually acquires a minority holding in the company and, in some cases, takes a seat on the Board. We continue to support our portfolio companies, and manage our shares as profitably as possible up to exit – or, in the case of floatation or takeovers by listed companies, beyond. We distribute most of our revenues from the sale of equity and shares to the LifeScience Foundation.
Our services for inventors and their institutes
- Comprehensive project development
- Support with financial and business planning
- Building an investment case and approaching investors
- Assistance with building the team and board
- Networking opportunities with decision makers, e.g. at BioVaria’s Startup Pitch & Partner Programme
- Structuring and negotiation of equity share agreements
- Support in acquiring funding
- Negotiation of trade sales
- Equity management